When online casinos were still new to the internet back in the mid to late nineties, there were only a handful of casino operators to choose from. Today’s modern online casino industry is in stark contrast to those early days, with thousands of online casinos operating on the web. You’ll find that many of these are owned and operated by the same company, such as 888/Casava and others. When more than one casino site is owned and operated by a single company, we refer to them as sister sites.
Sister sites will usually feature a similar design or layout, a similar range of payment options, games and other services. Of course, each will feature its own theme, making it a unique option to choose within the group but, by and large, they will present a unified user experience. This is often a good thing, particularly if the group owner is reputable and a leader in the industry.
There are a number of benefits to signing up with sister casinos. They provide a certain continuity in casino gaming and, if you’ve signed up with one and found it to be a solid online casino site, the chances are that the rest within the group will be of a similar quality. You can benefit from similar bonus structures throughout the group, as well as group promotions, jackpots and other big rewards.
Best Casino Sites
- Welcome Bonus$/€2000 and 20 spinsLaunched2016New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit $/€20. Max bonus bet is $/€5. Bonus funds are 200% match up to $/€2000 on your 1st deposit, 50% match up to $/€500 on your 2nd deposit, and 75% match up to $/€500 on your 3rd deposit. Full T's&C's apply.VisitWelcome Bonus£300 and 90 spinsLaunched2017New players only. Minimum deposit of £20. Bonus spin are valid on Book of Dead only and subject to 35x wagering and must be sued within 10 days otherwise any unsued bonus spins shall be removed. Full T's&C'sVisitWelcome Bonus£250 and 50 FSLaunched2017New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit of £20. Bonus must be used within 30 days and bonus spins within 10 days. Bonus spins are valid on the following games only: Starburst, Aloha! Cluster Pays, Wild Wild West and winnings capped at £50. Full T's&C's applyVisitWelcome Bonus£66 and 66 spinsLaunched2018New players only. One bonus offer per player. Minimum deposit of £20. Bonus must be used within 30 days and bonus spins within 10 days, otherwise any unsued shall be removed. Bonus spins are valid on the Book of Dead game only. Full T's&C's apply.VisitWelcome Bonus£150 and 10 FSLaunched2019New Customers only. 100% Match Bonus up to £150 on 1st deposit + 10 Free Spins. 50x wagering. Game Weightings apply. Max bet 10% of Bonus up to £2.50. Max win £2,000. 7-day expiry on Bonus. Min deposit £10. Deposit/Withdrawal fees apply. Full T's&C's apply.VisitFree SpinsUp to 77 FSLaunched2019New customers only. 1 Free Spin for every $1 of first deposit, up to 77, available on selected games. 3-day expiry on Free Spins. Minimum deposit $10. No NETeller/Skrill. Deposit/Withdrawal fees apply. Full T&Cs apply.Visit
Guide to Choose Casino Sites
Online casino sites have grown enormously popular over the past few years, and today you will find hundreds of top-rated sites on the web. There are all sorts of casino sites to choose from, catering to every possible need or preference. For example, if you are the sort of player that enjoys a wide variety of video slots, you’ll find cutting-edge casino sites that specialise in slots. These sites stock hundreds of slots sourced from the best software providers in the business including Microgaming, NetEnt, Playtech, Betsoft, IGT, Thunderkick, Yggdrasil, and many others.
Software providers play a key role in the quality and quantity of a leading online casino site, providing a wide range of diverse games including:
- Slots: 3 reel ‘classic’ slots, 5 reel (or more) video slots and progressive jackpot slots
- Virtual table games: Software versions of roulette, blackjack, baccarat, craps, poker and more
- Live Dealer games: These are real versions of classic table games including roulette, baccarat, blackjack and poker, which are streamed live in real time from dedicated studios or brick and mortar casinos
- Video poker: Combining the easy game play of slots with real 5 card poker strategy in a fast, 2 round poker game
- Other games: Depending on the casino site, this can include bingo, scratch card game, instant win games, keno, lotto and others
Aside from an excellent selection of gaming options soured from a diverse range of software providers, top casinos sites also do very well when it comes to their payment options. You’ll find that the best casinos sites feature payment options to suit all preferences for making instant deposits and fast withdrawals. This includes a number of eWallet options such as PayPal, Neteller and Skrill, prepaid cards like Paysafe Card, pay by mobile phone options such as Boku and others, credit and debit card options, bank transfers and more. There are also generally little to no additional fees attached to these payment options at casino sites.
Features of Best Casino Bonuses
The casino bonus is one of the most important aspects to todays modern casino sites, and can have a significant influence on how you go about choosing the best online casino site for your particular needs.
The trick to picking the best casino bonuses for your own needs, is to look past the flashiness of the offer, which can easily make you forget to check whether or not the offer is really worth it or not. One of the most important steps to reviewing a bonus offer before taking it, is to check the bonus terms and conditions first.
Every bonus offer will include certain wagering requirements, which must be met in full before you can have any hopes of being able to withdraw your winnings. Wagering requirements are the amount of times the casino requires you to wager your total bonus amount (some casinos sites will include your deposit amount as well). The lower the wagering requirement number, the better. So, a bonus that features wagering conditions of 25x is better than a casino bonus that features wagering conditions of 50x. The best bonus offers also feature a very low qualifying deposit amount of no more than 10 GBP, and include little to no gaming restrictions to meet your wagering requirements on time.
Hints to Help You Make the Smart Choice
With the sheer number of online casinos sites now operating within the UK, making the smart choice can be quite stressful. There are hundreds of great sites to choose from, and even more that look great but are really terrible. Where does one start when you need to choose carefully?
One of the best features to start with when choosing a solid UK online casino, is with licensing and regulation. All the best UK online casinos will feature licensing through the UK’s own gambling regulator, the UK Gambling Commission.
For well over decade now, the UK Gambling Commission has been ensuring the safe gaming of UK citizens online and in the real world. Formed in 2007, the UKGC ensures that all online casinos that wish to operate within the UK conform to a very specific code of conduct as well as rules of operation. This ensures that all online casinos that bears the UKGC logo, are accountable and must be able to deal with customer complaints in a fair and just manner. As an added bonus, some UK online casino sites will also feature additional licensing through other top regulators such as the Malta Gaming Authority or MGA.
As with any big decision that you make, it is always important to be smart and diligent. Do the necessary homework and, once you’ve selected your UK online casino, play responsibly. Never play for any extended period of time, always take breaks between games and come back fresh. It is also important to never chase your losses, either by increasing your bet size, or for playing longer than you should.
Fortunately, all top UK online casino sites will feature built-in responsible gaming clauses and features. This helps to ensure that players are able to either curtail or even self-restrict their gaming if it feels as though it may be getting out of hand.
So, to summarise. Always choose top UK online casinos that feature a diverse range of games and payment options, excellent customer services, UKGC licensing and a solid responsible gaming policy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Be Member of Multiple Sites in the same Network?
Yes, you can. Sister casinos within a group actually encourage members to join more than one of their casino sites as it allows them to participate in all sorts of group promotions and bonuses, as well as network jackpots and other rewards.
How to Register at a Casino Site?
Registering or signing up with a casino site is very quick and easy to do:
- 1. Choose your approved and reviewed UK online casino
- 2. On the casino site homepage, click on the sign up/registration button
- 3. Fill in the required registration form
- 4. Choose your bonus and make your cash deposit to qualify